About

The Blog

'Getting There' is all about the trials and tribulations of making music and life in the music industry. It's practical info on becoming a better musician, better organized and better at the business of music.

We focus more on the music making, motivation and practical business tips than marketing or industry news. There are more than enough of these online and I've included my favorites in 'My Blog List'.

Included are practical tips on:
  1. becoming a better musician - better at writing and composing, practicing and performing
  2. motivation and inspiration - info to keep you focused, creative and productive
  3. music business - keeping organized, informed and profitable

The Composer

My name is Robert Maddocks. I'm a composer/producer who owns and runs InTense Productions, providing songwriting and composition services to the music and film industries.

I studied classical performance and composition at university then not satisfied that I knew enough, I went on to study jazz and popular music at college. I taught at both institutions before going on the road for a couple of years playing all types of music (from rock to country) trying to make it as a working musician. I then opened an independent recording studio where I worked with everything from single songwriters to full bands. Most of the time it was singer/songwriters who would come in with a song and I would then produce the rest of the track.

This experience allowed me to hone my skills in a number of different genres and styles. I then used those skills to produce a music library encompassing a number of different styles. The library now has over 30 CD's in everything from rock to jazz to hip hop to full on symphonies.

The Company

InTense Productions continues to work in film and TV along with various solo artists. The music library continues to grow and there are more and more titles being added all of the time.